Prof Pankaj Chaturvedi
Dy Director, Center for Cancer Epidemiology, Tata Memorial Center, Mumbai
1. Accountability – Accountability, integrity and transparency garners you trust and respect. It proves your loyalty to the institution and symbolizes your true character. Administration is all about doing things right. Leadership is all about doing the right things.
2. Brilliance – It enables you for futuristic planning, creative thinking and constant innovation that is key to becoming extraordinary. For that, we should be a keen observer, an avid learner and free from biases.
3. Communicator– The art of communication is the building block of leadership. To become a good communicator, learn to listen. Another important thing in communication is to hear what is not being said.
4. Delegation – Don’t try and do everything yourself because you can’t. When you delegate tasks, you empower your people. When you delegate power, you not only become a true leader but a role model too.
5. Emotional Intelligence – Understand the grievances of your staff and feel their sufferings. EQ symbolizes your ability to deal with impulses and adversity while maintaining the love for your people. Kindness is not a sign of weakness but represents your inner strength.
6. Fearless – You should reflect the degree of courage and confidence required to ensure that your followers trust you as a leader.
7. Goal Oriented – Tie yourself to a high goal and not to a milestone. Always remind yourself that you have the power, patience and the passion to reach your goal.
8. Humility – It does not mean thinking less of yourself, it means thinking of yourself less! Be proud of your team and not yourself. Let others take the credit for the success and you accept the blame for failures.
9. Inspire – Leadership is not about motivating your team to do things they don’t want to do. It is all about inspiring your team to do things they never imagined they can do.
10. Jovial – This is one of the most appreciated qualities that represents your inner peace and contentment. Your humor, cheerfulness, positivity and optimism are indisputably the most winning attitude.